In recent years there has been a great deal of press given to a technique called HypnoBirthing that is promoted as a way to help mums during pregnancy and labour.
But what is HypnoBirthing and what are the benefits?
Actually, the best way to define HypnoBirthing is by listing the benefits. Once you understand those, you’ll know just what it is and what it can do for you.
- HypnoBirthing Benefit #1: Reduction of stress – By teaching natural methods of relaxation, mum can reduce the amount of stress placed on her and her baby during the birthing process.
- HypnoBirthing Benefit #2: Appropriate breathing techniques – By learning three easy breathing techniques, you can reduce the possibility of hyperventilating while increasing blood & oxygen to the baby and your birthing muscles.
- HypnoBirthing Benefit #3: Fewer pre-term babies – In 2007 research showed that HypnoBirthing mothers reported a lower incidence of preterm births and low birth weight babies.
- HypnoBirthing Benefit #4: Techniques for the reduction and elimination of fears that release stress hormones. These hormones are known to cause a tightening of the muscles, which in turn can lead to a painful birth and further, can create the need for medical intervention.
- HypnoBirthing Benefit #5: Techniques known to induce labour naturally for those times when mum goes well beyond the ‘due date.’ These are 100% natural and much safer for mum and baby than labour inducing pharmaceuticals.
- HypnoBirthing Benefit #6: Shorter Labour – Appropriate breathing and relaxation techniques can lead to a much shorter labour!
- HypnoBirthing Benefit #7 Proven reduction in surgical births.
- HypnoBirthing Benefit #8: With proper breathing and relaxation techniques, fewer assisted births are evidenced. In the United States at the University of Vermont it was shown that the use of hypnosis decreased the need for assisted births by an amazing 81%.
Alongside the above HypnoBirthing benefits, it was shown that many women are much more energised immediately after childbirth due to a reduction in discomfort and stress during labour & birth.
Since one of the objectives of having a child naturally is to avoid unnecessary medical or pharmaceutical intervention and of course allowing mum and baby a more positive experience, these few benefits of HypnoBirthing should indicate that it is something to seriously consider.
After all, who wouldn’t want to have a child naturally in a more comfortable manner, quicker ‘recovery’ times and increased levels of energy throughout labour, birth & postnatally?
If you’re interested in learning more HypnoBirthing benefits, and how it could help you to achieve a positive birth experience, contact Trish Cumming from Trish Cumming HypnoBirthing on 0413 647 109 or complete our Positive Birth Experience Consultation form at the top of this page.
Copyright Trish Cumming HypnoBirthing 2015. All Rights Reserved. This article may not be used without consent from the author. See below for more details.
DO YOU WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR NEWSLETTER OR WEBSITE? You can, as long as you include the following text in its entirety:
Trish Cumming from Trish Cumming HypnoBirthing helps Brisbane Mums-to-Be create a positive birth experience through group HypoBirthing classes, private HypnoBirthing classes, and her services as a Child Birth Doula. Your no obligation Positive Birth Experience consultation with an experienced Doula andHypnoBirthing instructor is just a phone call away. Call Trish now on 0413647109 to learn more, or visit:www.TrishCummingHypnoBirthing.com.au