Supporting a HypnoBirthing Mother in Pregnancy, Labour & Birth
A Toolbox of Fresh Perspective for Birth Professionals
HypnoBirthing is a childbirth education program that is recognised worldwide as a leader in the field of childbirth education and preparation. Childbirth education plays an important role in preparing families for a positive outcome at this life changing time. HypnoBirthing is now in 72 countries with fully certified and trained professional Gold Seal Practitioners assisting couples in their desire to have a normal, calm and often pain free birth.
With intervention rates at an all time high in Australia, couples are seeking support from health professionals that trust birth and women’s ability to birth as nature intended . Building a strong network and community that works together, will allow families to focus on positive birth outcomes, and impact our ‘toward normal birth’ focus.
This program is a one-day workshop that provides traditionally trained Doulas, Midwives, Doctors and other allied Health Professionals with the specific techniques and philosophical information needed to professionally support HypnoBirthing couples in any birth setting.
Through participation in this workshop you will:
- Understand the unique benefits HypnoBirthing offers, learn about the philosophy and the Gold Seal that is establishing best practice in Australia.
- Learn the philosophy of the uterus during labour, exploring the muscle interaction, blood flow and biochemical function. Examine the role of the autonomic nervous system upon fear.
- Understand the differences between HypnoBirthing and medical terminology, and learn to communicate with a HypnoBirthing family, understanding the partners role and the common birthing preferences they choose.
- Explore the various states of hypnosis, and the mind body connection in birthing.
- Consider the impact of integrating HypnoBirthing with the current care in hospitals and learn about HypnoBirthing techniques that can be implemented to support a positive birth outcome.
- Discuss and explore options to support families experiencing special circumstances in birth and develop appropriate skills to support natural birth and a HypnoBirthing couple.
Time: 9:00am – 5:30pm (registrations open from 8:30am)
Location: ILP Learning Hub & Institute for Learning Professionals, 17 Gould Rd, Herston, Qld, 4006
Date: Thursday February 27, 2020
Health Professionals: 7.5 CPD points
Early Bird: $175 (Feb 13)
Student Early Bird: $165 (Feb 13)